Compensation, Benefits & ESOP Planning Process
Step One: Schedule a Strategic Legal Assessment
If you own your own business, are preparing to buy a new business, or are ready to begin designing one, your first step is to contact our office and schedule a Strategic Legal Assessment.
Step Two: Complete the Strategic Legal Assessment Workbook
You will receive a Starter Kit from our office prior to your scheduled meeting that includes a Strategic Legal Assessment Workbook. This workbook is designed to help you gather important information we require to understand your circumstances. It will also help you to organize your thoughts about your business and your possible planning goals. Please take the time to complete the workbook and return it to our offices prior to your Strategic Legal Assessment.
Step 3: Strategic Legal Assessment
Resolving a specific legal issue or developing a proactive strategy requires us to pinpoint your objectives and synthesize our knowledge of the situation and parties involved with the most current planning tools available. The focus of the Strategic Legal Assessment will vary depending on whether you have an existing business or are looking for specific answers to a legal problem. After listening carefully to your situation, we will make a recommendation outlining your options for further action. When you leave your Strategic Legal Assessment you will have a clear understanding of what we can do to help, the scope of work and the associated fees for our services. If you unclear regarding your objectives we will assist you in the process of identifying your objectives.
What to Bring to Strategic Legal Assessment
- Your completed Strategic Legal Assessment Workbook. Please complete this workbook out to the best of your abilities.
- A list of questions you think of while filling out the workbook; and
- Paperwork for an existing business including:
- Any documents supporting your legal concerns;
- Corporate minute book;
- Stock and/or unit certificates;
- Buy/Sell, shareholder, or operating agreements;
- Employment agreements; and
- Business plan(s).
What to Expect
- A Strategic Legal Assessment will last approximately one hour. This is a no-obligation meeting.
- We will assess your current corporate legal risks, determine your immediate legal and financial needs, and evaluate ways to leverage legal resources.
- We will ask detailed, sometimes personal questions about priorities, goals, dreams, family, finances, and assets. The answers to these questions will assist us in recommending the proper business planning strategies to you.
- We will educate you about our Business Planning process, as well as pertinent laws so you can better understand what would happen to your family and business if you were to become incapacitated or die. We will also educate you about what our Business Planning services will accomplish for you.
- We will be up front about our fees and process.
Entity Formation Data Questionnaire
Strategic Legal Assessment